Have a shirt you'd like to give a color makeover? Get the color back in your favorite shirt or fabric by following these steps. Learn how to dye fabric with help from this how-to video.
What you will need:
• Fabric dye
• Two buckets
• Mild detergent
• Rubber gloves (optional)
Step 1: Read directions
Read the directions on the fabric dye box. But on rubber gloves, if you're using them, and mix the dye and set it aside.
Step 2: Fill a large bucket
Fill a large bucket with hot water.
Step 3: Soak the fabric
Soak the fabric in hot water for five minutes and then remove it with the tongs.
Step 4: Add to dye
Place the fabric in the dye and stir it constantly for 20 to 30 minutes.
Step 5: Rinse
Rinse the fabric in warm water and then cool water, until the water runs clear.
Step 6: Wash fabric
Wash the fabric in warm water with mild detergent and then put it in the dryer.
Step 7: Clean containers
Once you're finished, clean the buckets with bleach to remove the dye.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades