Handmade gifts are always appreciated. Hand painting ties can be wonderful, creative work, especially if it is for Dad on Father's Day. You'll make a keepsake he'll treasure forever.
You Will Need:
• A tie pattern
• Needle and thread
• Wax paper
• A charcoal pencil
• A shader paintbrush
• A liner paintbrush
• Fabric paints
• Mild detergent
• Fabric softener
• A sponge (optional)
Step 1: Select fabric
Select a washable natural-fiber, natural-blend fabric, preferably half cotton and half polyester.
Step 2: Cut two patterns
Cut two identical tie patterns and sew them together to create the tie.
Step 3: Wash and place on wax paper
Wash the tie once without fabric softener and place it on waxed paper to dry.
Step 4: Draw pattern
Draw a pattern using a charcoal pencil on the dry tie.
Step 5: Paint pattern
Paint the pattern. Use a shader paintbrush to fill in larger areas and a liner brush for long, flowing lines.
Step 6: Dry before washing
Allow 24 hours to dry, and 72 hours before washing. Use the gentle cycle, with mild detergent and fabric softener, and line dry.
Trivia: There are an estimated 64.3 million fathers in the United States.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades