In this how-to video, you will learn how to create your own tube top dress with lace and tulle. This will be useful if you need a unique dress for prom. You will need a sewing machine, scissors, pins, ruler, measuring tape, thread, a half yard of gray knit, tulle, and a yard of lace. First, cut out a rectangular piece that can fold in half. The lower half is a trapezoidal piece. This will be the jersey skit. The smaller end should fit around your waist. Lay the rectangle first and then put the trapezoid on top. Make sure the small end matches the bodice. Baste stitch the small end across. Next, cut out a piece of tulle the length of the skirt. Pleat and pin down onto the knit. Baste stitch the tulle and skirt together. Cut a piece of lace the same size as the tulle. Pin it in place. Next, baste stitch the lace in place. Gather all the materials aside. Fold a rectangle over the layers. Match the raw edge up with the layers and sew. Pull everything out to the right side. Fold it in half and sew the right side together. The dress is now complete. This video shows you a simple way to create your own prom dress.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades