Recently I've been interested in spicing up my choices in undergarments, but as some of you may know, designer underwear for men can be quite expensive. Prices usually range from about $20+ for one pair. With this helpful tip, you can turn any pair of cheap high rise briefs into a fashionable pair of low rise briefs.
Step 1 Gather Your Tools
For this tutorial you need:
- Any brand high rise briefs (I used Merona Ultimate)
- Sewing machine (You can hand stitch but you'll get straighter lines and a neater look with a machine)
- Thread (Pick any color that you think will look good)
Step 2 Put 'Em On
That's right, don't be shy. Go ahead and put them on. You need to do this so that the fabric is stretched to fit you. Now go ahead and grab the waist band and fold it inwards. Make sure that it is folded right where the elastic meets cloth. Then fold it inwards a few more times (Merona only took 2 folds but Fruit of the Loom took 3) until the height reaches the desired length. Now all you have to do is pin the waistband every few inches all the way around. When you're done CAREFULLY remove them.
BE CAREFUL! When pinning the waist it will become very easy to stick yourself with a needle. Please try not to do so; it can be very painful.
When pinning the waist, hook a finger through the band and tug it out just a bit so that you can pin the waist without stabbing yourself.
Step 3 Sew the Waistband
Now it's time to sew the waistband. Go ahead and turn your underwear inside-out and use your sewing machine to put whatever seam you want about 1/8 of an inch away from the bottom.
Try tugging on the waistband to stretch it out. It's a little difficult, but it helps keep the thread from breaking when you put them on.
Step 4 Finished Product
Congratulations, you've finished your pair of DIY low-rise underwear. The saggy bottom is gone and no more scratchy waistband. I hope that this helps those of you looking for a creative way to spice up that underwear drawer of yours. Add your own special touches and have fun with it!
- Go a little further and experiment with some screen printing. Put cool logos and designs on them to turn a $5 pair of underwear into something that looks designer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades