To wear a sari takes only the ability to properly fold and wrap the yards of often brightly colored and flowing fabric. With just a pin at the shoulder you can replicate the technique for this traditional Indian garb.
This traditional Indian dress consists of swaths of beautifully draped fabric.
You Will Need
* A traditional drawstring petticoat
* A traditional cropped blouse
* Sari fabric
Step 1: Put on undergarments
Put on the traditional petticoat and tie it tightly at the waist. Next, put on the cropped top that typically complements the sari material.
Step 2: Tuck in the sari fabric
Tuck the plain end of the sari into the petticoat, starting at your navel, and wrap it around your waist, tucking it in, for one complete turn from right to left.
Make sure that the lower end of the sari touches the floor.
Step 3: Create pleats
Gather the other end of the fabric and fold it lengthwise into seven to 10 pleats. Hold them up together so that they remain even.
Step 4: Tuck in the pleats
Tuck the pleats into the waistband, slightly to the left of your navel, with the pleats turned toward the left.
Step 5: Drape the fabric
Drape the remaining fabric around yourself from left to right. Wrap it under your right arm and over your left shoulder so that it falls to about knee level.
Step 6: Pin the fabric
Pin the end of the fabric securely to your blouse to prevent the sari from slipping.
Did you know? The traditional Indian sari cloth is between 5 and 7 yards long.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades