Is your zipper stuck on your favorite sweatshirt or jacket? It's not a lost cause! Fix a stuck zipper with just a few household items.
You Will Need:
• A pencil
• Bar soap
• Lip balm
• Petroleum jelly
• Olive oil
• A cotton swab
Step 1: Start tugging
Gently tug the lining or garment that is stuck in the zipper. Use tweezers if you cannot pull it out with your fingers.
Step 2: Use pencil lead
Rub pencil lead against both sides of the zipper. The graphite will act as a lubricant.
Step 3: Use household items
Apply bar soap, lip balm, petroleum jelly, or olive oil to the zipper with a cotton swab.
Step 4: Wiggle zipper
Wiggle the zipper once the product has been applied, working the product into the teeth of the zipper.
Trivia: Gideon Sundback invented the zipper in 1913.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades