This ain't your mother's long hippie skirt from the '70s. While a few months ago we would have never thought we'd wear a dress longer than our knees, fall fashion is dictating that the long skirt - and by long we mean down to the ankles - is back in style.
But given that we haven't worn such conservative girly attire in ages, how the hell do we pull this trend off without looking like our school librarian? Check out this styling video to find out.
Microminis are great for their leg-lengthening sex appeal, but they make everyday tasks (exiting the subway, tying your shoes, sneezing) downright risqué.
There were versions of the long dress in the fall 2010 collections of Charlotte Ronson, Rachel Roy, Marc Jacobs, Prada, and Madewell by Alexa Chung, to name a few. But how do you wear them without looking like a homely Anne of Green Gables extra?
In today's video, NYC-based stylist Peju Famojure has brand recommendations, styling suggestions, and advice for wearing them with socks and heels.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades