Angora sweaters can look oh so stylish—or they can make you look like a crazy cat lady. Here's how to stop them from shedding.
You Will Need
* An angora sweater
* A ziplock freezer bag
* A freezer
Step 1: Put it in a bag
Carefully fold the angora sweater and place it in a sturdy plastic freezer bag.
Step 2: Place in freezer
Put the bag inside your freezer. Just don't confuse it with the frozen peas when you're making dinner.
Step 3: Wait
Keep the bag in the freezer for at least three hours—the longer, the better.
When you buy angora, spring for the expensive stuff. Cheap angora tends to be woven with looser fibers, leading to shedding.
Step 4: Wear it
Take the sweater out of the freezer when you're ready to put it on. It will warm up in a few minutes and will keep from shedding for the time you're wearing it.
Step 5: Put it back
When you're ready to take it off, put the sweater back in the freezer.
Fact: Johnny Depp said he loved the feel of wearing angora sweaters when he starred as a cross-dresser in Ed Wood.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades