If you've been out in the wintertime you've probably noticed a bunch of white marks on your shoes. These are called salt stains and are caused by the chemicals used to melt the snow. Luckily, this video will show you how to remove these unsightly white marks quickly and easily.
You Will Need
• White vinegar
• Clean cotton cloths
Step 1: Treat it fast
Treat the stain as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to remove.
Step 2: Mix vinegar and water
Mix two-thirds of a cup of water with one-third of a cup of white vinegar.
Step 3: Rub on shoes
Dip a clean cotton cloth into the mixture and gently rub it into the stain, taking care not to saturate the leather.
Step 4: Rinse and wipe
Rinse with a water-dampened cloth and wipe with a clean towel. Let shoes dry.
Don't leave the shoes near heat or the leather could crack.
Step 5: Repeat
If the stain reappears, repeat the process until it's gone.
Step 6: Shine your shoes
Buff your shoes with a cotton cloth.
More than 13 million tons of salt are applied to roads and streets in the U.S. each year.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades