You don't have to be a slave to fashion to pick the right shoes for your outfit. Follow these tips for a put-together look.
You Will Need
Choose your shoe style according to the occasion. Wear high heels with gowns, and to dress up dark jeans. Wear flats with more casual wear or lighter jeans.
Flip-flops are for the beach, not for a night on the town.
Consider style. Kitten heels are comfortable and can be dressy, but it's best to wear them with straight-legged pants or a-line skirts. Stilettos make your legs look long and make you taller, so wear them with long dresses or boot leg pants to make an impact.
Choose your shoe color based on the colors of your outfit. You can choose the dominant or accent colors. You can also opt for a neutral color such as beige, navy, brown, or black. Your shoe color does not have to be an exact match.
Add a pop to your neutral or monochrome outfit by selecting a shoe in a bolder color or print.
Don't get caught up in labels. Dressing in head-to-toe signature prints and logos will make you look like a walking billboard. A designer label item is not a guaranteed match for your outfit.
Fact: When they're hot, feet can swell up to one full shoe size.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades