There are many instances where a zipper on a bag, purse, coat, etc. will fail to function or jam. It may be that the zipper needs replacement, but oftentimes it can be fixed using a simple technique. YouTube user MediaMason shows how many zipper problems result from a simple change in the slider's structure, as well as how to fix this. He identifies the zipper (the "teeth") and the slider (the pulley). Normally, when the slider is pulled through the zipper, it closes the zipper together. Sometimes the zipper will not close, leaving is open on both ends. MediaMason shows that this is usually because the gap in the slider widens over time. He shows that by clamping the slider with a pair of pliers, that gab can be closed, and the zipper's functionality can be restored.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades