Risa from Makeup by Risa makes an altered t-shirt for summer. She recommends starting with a t-shirt that fits, but is not too loose. Line up the seams on the bottom of the t-shirt and the sleeves so there is a line straight down the back. Cut a strip off the bottom of the t-shirt, just above the seam. Then cut strips that are one half inch about three quarters of the way through the back of the t-shirt. Start cutting the strips from the bottom to the top. Determine where to stop cutting the strips based on the end design desired. Once the strips are all cut, stretch them so they curl up and narrow. After the strips are curled, start with two strips on either side and pull the second one under the first and back over. Continue through all the strips to create a chain. Once the last strip has been linked, cut it in half, and tie a knot with it at the edge against the t-shirt body. The weaving process could be done again if desired. Additional t-shirt alterations, like removing sleeves and cutting a large neck can also be done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades